daily photo blog by Alicia Millane

Sunday, June 1, 2008

June 01, 2008





I was coming to the end of a long long walk
When a man crawled out of a cardboard box
Under the E. Street Bridge
Followed me on to it
I went out halfway across
With that homeless shadow tagging along
So I dug for some change
Wouldn't need it anyway
He took it lookin' just a bit ashamed
He said, You know, I haven't always been this way

I've had my moments, days in the sun
Moments I was second to none
Moments when I knew I did what I thought I couldn't do
Like that plane ride coming home from the war
That summer my son was born
And memories like a coat so warm
A cold wind can't get through
Lookin' at me now you might not know it
But I've had my moments.

- Emerson Drive, "Moments"















A well-ordered life is like climbing a tower; the view halfway up is better than the view from the base, and it steadily becomes finer as the horizon expands.

- William Lyon Phelps















It comes down to reality-and its fine with me cause Ive let it slide,
Don't care if its Chinatown or Riverside,
I don't have any reasons, Ive left them all behind-
I'm in a New York state of mind.

- Billy Joel, "New York State of Mind"














New York has always been going to hell but somehow it never gets there.

- Robert Persig







Ever thine. Ever mine. Ever ours.
- Sex in the City Movie

0 comments: