daily photo blog by Alicia Millane

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 29, 2008









Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah...

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

- Otis Redding, "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"











Hell is the place of those who have denied;
They find there what they planted and what dug,
A Lake of Spaces, and a Wood of Nothing,
And wander there and drift, and never cease
Wailing for substance.

- William Butler Yeats











Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains...

- Diane Ackerman






Now I'm walkin' in the moonlight,
Seein' nothin' but the taillights
And that's a pair of taillights
I may never see again
She hit me with the left and right,
Showin' me nothin' but the taillights
And that's about as lonely
As the highway's ever been
Back here with my thumb out in the wind...

- Clint Black, "Nothin' But the Tail Lights"



0 comments: