daily photo blog by Alicia Millane

Friday, October 17, 2008

October 17, 2008









Change is a measure of time and, in the autumn time seems speeded up. What is not and never again will be; what is is change.

- Edwin Teale











I was something that lay under the sun and felt it, like the pumpkins, and I did not want to be anything more. I was entirely happy. Perhaps we feel like that when we die and become a part of something entire, whether it is sun and air, or goodness and knowledge.

- Willia Sibert Cather







On such a day each road is planned
To lead to some enchanted land;
Each turning meets expectancy.
The signs I read on every hand.
I know by autumn's wizardry
On such a day the world can be
Only a great glad dream for me--
Only a great glad dream for me!

- Eleanor Myers Jewett, "An Autumn Day"


0 comments: