daily photo blog by Alicia Millane

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November 18, 2008









What are men to rocks and mountains?

- Jane Austen, "Pride and Prejudice"











"Uh-oh."
"Don't tell me. We're about to go over a huge waterfall. "
"Yep. "
"Sharp rocks at the bottom? "
"Most likely."
"Bring it on."

- The Emperor's New Groove





my love is building a building
around you, a frail slippery
house, a strong fragile house
(beginning at the singular beginning
of your smile)a skilful uncouth
prison, a precise clumsy
prison(building thatandthis into Thus,
Around the reckless magic of your mouth)
my love is building a magic, a discrete
tower of magic and(as i guess)
when Farmer Death(whom fairies hate)shall
crumble the mouth-flower fleet
He'll not my tower, laborious, casual
where the surrounded smile hangs breathless

- E.E. Cummings, "My Love is Building a Building"


0 comments: